2017 STIHL BG 86
Call for Price
Our most powerful handheld blower, designed for landscaping professionals.
For the toughest landscaping challenges, professionals turn to our most powerful handheld blower, the STIHL BG 86. It features a fuel-efficient, low-emission gasoline-powered engine, and includes both flat and round nozzle attachments for better job versatility. The blower is also one of our most comfortable to use, with a four-spring anti-vibration system, a soft-grip handle and our ElastoStart™ shock-absorbing starter.
- Built in the USA: Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL has a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- Throttle Trigger Lock with Built-In Momentary Stop Switch: The built-in stop switch allows the user to turn off the engine with a simple press of the button or lever. When the engine is off, the throttle lock automatically returns to the “start” setting. Your power tool will be ready to be started when you’re ready to get back to work.
- Purge Pump Primer: The purge pump primer feature enables the user to prime the carburetor with fuel, enabling easier starting. The purge pump primer is designed in a way that the operator cannot flood the machine by priming the carburetor too many times. Flooding the engine is still possible if the choke is not removed after the engine fires.
- Soft Grip Handle: This handle design provides a secure and comfortable grip.
- HD2 Air Filter: The new HD2 air filter on this unit is washable, providing extremely long filter life and lowering maintenance costs. The large surface area allows for longer run times between cleanings and high performance even while operating in dusty and dry conditions. Overall, the HD2 air filter provides better protection of the engine compared to standard air filters.
- Displacement: 27.2 cc (1.66 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 0.8 kW (1.07 bhp)
- Weight: 4.4 kg (9.7 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity: 440 cc (14.9 oz.)
- Blowing Force*: 15 Newtons
- Avg. Air Velocity*: Flat: 74 m/sec. (166 mph)
- Avg. Air Velocity*: Round: 63 m/sec. (141 mph)
- Max. Air Velocity*: Flat: 85 m/sec. (190 mph)
- Max. Air Velocity*: Round: 69 m/sec. (154 mph)
- Air Volume At Nozzle*: Flat: 620 m3/h (365 cfm)
- Air Volume At Nozzle*: Round: 755 m3/h (444 cfm)
- Sound Pressure Rating*: 70 dB(A)
- Power Source: Gas
- Gutter Kit: Clogged gutters may become a thing of the past with this quick and manageable gutter attachment. A series of plastic tubes attach to your STIHL handheld blower and can extend to more than ten feet, providing the additional extension needed to reach most residential gutters. Great for removing dry leaves and debris. For use with BG 55, BG 56 C-E, BG 66 L, BG 86, BG 86 C-E, BGE 61, and BGE 71 models. Does not fit BGA 85. See your STIHL Dealer for details.
- Vacuum Kit: Quickly convert your STIHL handheld blower to a vacuum by attaching this easy Vacuum Kit. Empty debris into your compost pile simply by unzipping the bottom. For use with BG 55, BG 56 C-E, BG 66 L, BG 86, BG 86 C-E and BGE 71 models. Does not fit BGA 85.
- 1.66 cu. in. (27.2 cc)
- 9.7 lb. (4.4 kg)
- Air Velocity
- Max.: Flat: 190 mph (85 m/sec.); Round: 154 mph (69 m/sec.)